Dr. David Love is a Melbourne trained Orthopaedic Surgeon with expertise in hip and knee arthroplasty (joint replacement), sports injuries (including anterior cruciate ligament injuries, Achilles Tendon Repairs, Ligament injuries), correction of deformity using modern deformity correction techniques and general trauma.
He attended Melbourne University for his medical training and completed basic and advanced training with The Royal College of Surgeons and the Australian Orthopaedic Association; Graduation in January 2009.
Following the completion of specialist Orthopaedic training he has worked Full time as a Trauma Surgeon at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, he travelled overseas to gain expertise in hip and knee arthroplasty with Professor Robert Bourne(Ontario,Canada), a world expert in the specialised area of joint replacement of the hip and knee.
Dr. Love has also completed a fellowship with Mr. John Bartlett (Australia) Knee Surgeon; additionally a fellowship with Professor Leo Donnan at the Children’s Hospital, Melbourne which included extensive training in utilizing external frames to correct limb deformity and utilising the ilizarov deformity correction technique.
Currently he has an appointment with The Royal Melbourne Hospital where he has an active role in teaching training Medical staff and the on call trauma roster. He has a private practice that is based in Camberwell but also consults in East Melbourne, Bundoora, and Heidelberg(Warringal).
He is an active teacher with the Swiss based organisation, the AO, both here in Australia and overseas.
- Hip replacement: Initial and Revision– including Anterior Approach.
- Knee replacement: Initial and Revision.
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction (ACL).
- Arthroscopy of the knee including the treatment of meniscal injuries.
- Hallux valgus correction (Bunions)
- General trauma (Fractures including the wrist, ankle, hip, knee, achillies tendon ruptures and all leg bone injuries).
- Operating at - Melbourne Private Hospital, Epworth Hospital-Freemasons and Richmond campus , Warringal Private Hospital , North Park Private Hospital.
- Consulting at – Camberwell, East Melbourne, North Park Private, Heidelberg.
- Public appointment – Royal Melbourne Hospital.